SOW is a private initiative, created in 2014, due to the deep concern within the organic wine sector in Spain.
Most of the 38 Spanish wineries that integrate SOW are family business that own vineyards and have a long winemaking tradition. Small to medium size wineries were built through the years to elaborate all their wines including the latest technologies to achieve high quality wines during the whole process.
Nowadays, all of them work hard willing to respect Nature in the vineyards and surroundings as well as elaborating certified organic wines. In that sense, all the SOW wineries have certifications that show their commitment with the organic development in the world which is not just a trend.
As a result, the aim of SOW is to promote the awareness of responsible consumption of organic wines in general and the ones produced by the associates in particular. SOW it also is a tool to reinforce and help the promotion and exports of each winery associated going together to some wine fairs, events and conferences.
In fact, SOW wineries work:
- Elaborating high quality wines under European standards and for other markets.
- Producing natural and native yeasts respecting and recovering the ecological balance in the vineyards.
- Preserving the biodiversity and being respectful with the Nature around.
- Creating countryside landscape and revitalizing life in their villages and surroundings.
- Adding value to all process and costs in the vineyard and wine making.
- Contributing to decrease the climate change by reducing the Co2 and water prints.
- Being part of an economic growing sector that has a great future.