The Grandi Marchi, a collaboration of winemaking visionaries from across Italy, has worked tirelessly and with great enthusiasm to support the industrys highest quality and distinctive winemaking culture. Formed out of an informal meeting between like-minded colleagues and friends, the founders of Grandi Marchi recognized that by joining forces, they could better promote and enhance the great wines of Italy.
Today, theyve transcended their individual aims to achieve a common goal and, thanks to their efforts, Italys best wines have both stronger positions in established markets and promising foundations in emerging ones.
Made up of 19 prestigious Italian wine families, the Istituto Grandi Marchi promotes the countrys best bottles and producers on a global scale.
• All are family-owned brands.
• Each member has been in operation for at least 25 years and in some cases for centuries.
• All own their estate vineyards, which stand out for their history and enduring traditions.
• All are recognized worldwide for their superior quality and production practices.
• Each is considered an innovator with a profound vision.
• All are key players representing Italys most highly praised wines.
• All are industry leaders whose peers emulate their work.
• All share the same values and strategies, and support collaborative efforts.
• All are committed to a continued focus on education, innovation and developing markets.
• Each member exemplifies the best of their region.
The following wineries are members of the Institute:
Alois Lageder, Ambrogio e Giovanni Folonari Tenute, Antinori, Argiolas, Ca del Bosco, Carpenè Malvolti, Col dOrcia, Donnafugata, Gaja, Jermann, Lungarotti, Masi, Mastroberardino, Michele Chiarlo, Pio Cesare, Rivera, Tasca dAlmerita, Tenuta San Guido, Umani Ronchi.