1. Tovaritch! opened the new decade with a new, highly promising strategic partnership. In tandem with Angeloni, a Brazilian supermarket chain which ranks among the 500 largest companies in the country. With this deal T! literally broke new ground as, with the exception of Paraguay, South America is virtually a new market for the brand. The company is determined to use this port of entry to establish its presence in the south of Brazil and, on a more ambitious scale, to explore the rest of the country - and the continent.
3. On the European front, Tovaritch! is extending its warmest thanks to Tom Kerridge and his pub, The Hand & Flowers, which has been using Tovaritch! as the house vodka over the past four years. No small feat, considering that it is the only pub in the UK that won two Michelin stars.
4. Beginning from 2020, the on-trade in the UAE will be handled by Abu Dhabi Maritime & Mercantile International Company. It manifests an important change of the brands strategy in the region that will see Tovaritch! present in hotels, bars and restaurants all over the city.
Says Eugenio Litta Modignani, CEO of Tovaritch! Spirits International SA, I chose MMI as our local on-trade partner because it is a reputable full-service distributor with the strongest presence in Abu Dhabi and also Pernod Ricards official distributor. To top it off, they agreed to include T! in their portfolio as the house vodka, which only served to solidify my decision.
The off-trade will remain Truebells domain.
5. Over the past year, Tovaritch! reaped a lavish harvest of awards bringing a total to 126 medals and confirming its title of the worlds most awarded vodka.
While most of the awards came from international spirits competitions where the brand has steadily showed excellence over the years (in London, San Francisco and Chicago), in 2019 Tovaritch! ventured further afield and participated for the first time ever in the Bartenders Brand Awards (London). Its three Bronze medals in the Taste, Value and Design categories became a special and valued addition to the brands impressive award collection.
6. 2019 was a great year for Tovaritch! in Canada. Since its introduction in 2018, the brand exploded in private sales selling over 1000 cases in just a few months. This was the fruit of a successful collaboration between Tovaritch! Spirits International and its local agent, Vignôme, a Canadian wine distributor and importer.
Says Eugenio Litta Modignani, CEO of Tovaritch! Spirits International SA, The Vignôme team did a fantastic job introducing our premium brand in top bars in Montreal and the area. Bars are a door opener to a new market, and being visible in the best of them is a great achievement for the brand and an inspiration for us to dream big.
7. In Jordan, collaboration with Shiffar Investments and Commerce gave a great boost to the brand with sales soaring over 90% in 2019 vs 2018, which was a great year too.
Shiffar first introduced Tovaritch! to Jordan in 2015 and over the past four years helped it expand its reach all over the country. As the brand founder Eugenio Litta Modignani pointed out, T! cooler machines proved one of the key growth drivers in the on-trade channel, giving the brand a unique, easily recognizable identity in the crowded drinking scene.
Tovaritch! is a grain vodka produced and bottled in Russia by Geneva-based Tovaritch Spirits International SA. It builds its success on Russian tradition and Swiss precision. Vodka Tovaritch! is distilled five times and filtered through a combination of birch charcoal and silver. With its unique combination of fine quality and attractive pricing, vodka Tovaritch! offers the best of two worlds in one bottle. Another member of the Tovaritch! family is T! Red, a premium vodka-based red berry liqueur with a 16% ABV, low on sugar and calories. A true revolution in the spirits industry.