Cantine Volpi was founded in Tortona in 1914.
From then on, for four generations, it has been protagonist in a continuous evolution which has resulted in it being a reference point in the oenological sector in Piedmont, an authentic expression of the territory of the surrounding Tortonese hills.
The company is continually oriented towards innovation: between the 70's and 90's, thanks to the wines Cortese Docg and Colli Cortese they affirmed their pole position in Italy with the launch of the 'natural sparkling white wine', a forerunner of the planetary successes of Prosecco and Franciacorta. Contemporarily the barrique was introduced into the cellar and the production and marketing of Novello Wine began. In the 1990s it was one of the first wineries to embrace the choice of organic in significant numbers, which today represents 70% of production.
With the acquisition in 2003 of the farmholding “La Zerba” of Volpedo, the company completes the process of planting strong roots in the territory of the Tortonese Hills. Viticulture activity also begins with the production of Colli Tortonesi DOC Barbera Superiore and Colli Tortonesi DOC Timorasso – Derthona, both of which have received international awards and recognition.
Today, the family is represented by Carlo Volpi at the helm of the company which produces over 4 million bottles, exporting 90% to 35 countries.