In 1847, Jules Gautret established his Cognac trade house in the Haute Saintonge region, in the city of Jonzac. 100 years later, the Union des Coopératives de Charente-Maritime acquired the firm of Jules Gautret. The new entity was known as the Coopérative des Viticulteurs Charentais. In the early seventies, the Cooperative changed its name once again to Unicognac SA. Nowadays, the company is a subsidy of the first cooperative group of the Cognac region, Océalia. Since 2007, all bottling and packaging is now made at a state-of-the-art facility in Saint Germain de Lusignan, where stringent quality, hygiene, and safety standards are rigorously respected.