Product category: Wines from Bordeaux
Château Fleur Haut Gaussens GRAND VIN 2016 - Bordeaux Supérieur
Château Fleur Haut Gaussens Grand Vin is the cuvée haute couture of the Château. From the best plots of the property; The blend is 1/3 Merlot, 1/3 Cabernet Franc, 1/3 Malbec.The color is clear and of surprising purplish color, the nose reveals pure aromas and an unexpected finesse of slightly peppery violet and blackcurrant jam taking you straight back to childhood. Elegant, fine, pure, fresh and feminine, there are so many characteristics that harmonize perfectly within this wines beautiful structure, with melted, seductive and delicate tannins carry through to a long finish.
- AOC: Bordeaux Supérieur
- Superficy: Less than 1ha
- Soil: limestone - clay
- Pruning: Double Guyot
- Blend: 1/3Merlot, 1/3 Cabernet Franc, 1/3 Malbec
- Vineyard management: Sustainable farming
- Harvest: Machine harvested, optimum maturity following two separate maturity analysis control.
- Winemaking: Produced from an integral vinification process (5 weeks of fermentation and maceration in 400 liters of new barrels), a manual punching, aeration and barrel
- Ageing: 100% in new French oak barrels 400 litters during 12 months
- Degree: 14%
- Ratings: Robert Parker (Neal Martin) 90 points, Guide Vert de la RVF 16/20, Guide Bettane & Desseauve 16/20
TASTING NOTE GRAND VIN 2016