Since 2013, the Grand Cercle des Vins de Bordeaux has brought together the right and left banks of Bordeaux,
focusing on sharing the fine values of creativity, quality and pleasure
. In the diversity and complementarity of their 24 appellations of origin, the 134 wines
, members of the Grand Cercle, prove it is possible in Bordeaux to offer superb wines, made with ethics and passion
, which are suited to every occasion and every budget. A short history of the Grand Cercle
- 2002: Founding of the Cercle Rive Droite de Grands Vins de Bordeaux
- 2013: Founding of the Cercle Rive Gauche de Grands Vins de Bordeaux, and then Grand Cercle des Vins de Bordeaux, uniting the two banks.
- 2017: Merger-incorporation of the two Cercles within the Grand Cercle des Vins de Bordeaux.
The Grand Cercle properties all share the following:
- A common geographical location, Bordeaux, namely the right bank and the left bank of the Gironde river.
- A common fundamental focus on quality and expressing the individual personality of their wines.
- Common ethical practices with regard to production and the way the wines are taken to market.