Casabella has its roots in the history of Ziano Piacentino, a strip of land that is the natural extension of expanses of vineyards of Oltrepò pavese. Memory wants this land for a long time between the properties of the wealthy family of Montemartini.
Count Luigi Montemartini, which became a member of the Parliament of the Kingdom of Italy, was the first to grasp the importance of this territory, where from immemorial time there was a flourishing agricultural activities that included, among other things, even the wine cultivation.
Great admirer of positivistic culture of the nineteenth century, Luigi Montemartini, born in 1869, realized the first social cellars of the territory.
Forerunner of the times, Count Montemartini understood that the union was the only way of life of small entrepreneurs: it is with this intention that in 1911 realized a project that foresees the creation of a consortium between the municipalities of the provinces of Alessandria, Cuneo, Piacenza, Pavia, and Turin, in order to create, through the contributions of winemakers, a mutual fund for indemnification of damage caused by climatic events.
The family management Montemartini ceases in 1914; at Casabella arrived over time various properties, all convinced of the quality of production that the earth can provide.
In 1991 a new society finds a part of farm that is in Piacenza: fifty acres of land that, now as then, are the pride of the territory. Here we produce the typical wines of the colli piacentini: bonarda, barbera, ortrugo, malvasia.
Thanks to the contribution of winemakers who prune, fasten and harvest grapes of high quality known throughout the world.
In 1998 the company expanded, thanks to the love for the territory of Piacenza, for its history and its landscape. Cantine Casabella has researched original scenery, still tied to the traditions of the past.