The building is the final result of numerous transformations and extensions taking place over the centuries. The oldest parts can still be seen in the particular double tower structure, where the walls are at their thickest (up to 1.6 metres), and which is thought to date back to between the XV and XVI centuries. As part of the Sanframondi feudal estate, the building is referred to in an appraisal of the baron's assets in 1638. Over the centuries, the building has passed through the Carafa family, the dukes of Maddaloni and the princes of Colombrano. Around the end of the XVII century, the windows were enlarged, the arched vaults at the foot of the towers opened and the facade embellished. Between the mid 1700's and the first half of the 1800's, the construction was transformed into a master residence by opening up the service quarters on the ground floor as well as the living quarters on the upper level. After rescaling the defensive embrasures and embellishing the towers with dovecots, the house assumed a similar appearance to its current one. Today, the building is known as “Casino Brizio”, after a branch of our family in ownership until the end of the 1800's. The building was then put to many various uses until it was recently bought back by our family and put through a long restoration lasting over 10 years.