The Moser family is one of Austrias grand, traditional viticultural dynasties. In 1848, Anton Moser started his own wine estate in the village of Rohrendorf. The most famous descendant of the family is the viticulture pioneer Dr. Lenz Moser, who in the 1950s developed the high training system of the vine.
Sepp Moser founded the today´s estate in 1987 with vineyards in the Austrian wine-growing areas Kremstal and Neusiedlersee. He ambitiously dedicated himself to creating exquisite wines full of character from best sites.
Sepp´s son Nikolaus took over the estate in 2000. As one of the first wine-growers in Austria he converted his vineyards to biodynamics
1140 Vineyards and cellar in Rohrendorf were owned by the Benediktinerabbey Ebersdorf
1142 The administrator of the winery is named Moser, a certified ancestor of the dynasty
1849 After abolition of serfdom, Anton Moser assumes possession of the winery
1951 Lenz Moser III presents the high training system („Hochkultur“) in Rohrendorf
1965 The Atriumhaus, today´s place of business, has been built
1987 Foundation of the Sepp Moser estate!
2000 Nikolaus Moser takes over the management of the winery.
In this year a state-of-the-art press house and cellar has been built
2006 Official move to certified biodynamic viticulture. (DEMETER)
2009 Release of the first officially certified organic wines.