“smoked and roasted notes are developed in the bouquet, as well as hazelnuts, almonds, cashew nuts, but also vanilla and cinnamon … with spicy flavours there are some pleasant recalls of fruit”
- Production zone: DOC Isonzo del Friuli
- Winemaking: The grapes are whole-cluster pressed and allowed to settle at 10 / 12 °C
- Ageing: The alcoholic fermentation begins in stainless steel tanks and continues in new 300 l. oak barrels. The wine ages on the lees for 8/12 months with frequent bâtonnages, and is then bottled and released on the market.
- Colour: Straw yellow with golden highlights.
- Bouquet: Charming smell with smoky and crusty notes. Hazelnuts, almonds and cashew, but also vanilla and cinnamon enrich a bouquet which is typical of the origin area.
- Taste: Fine balance between freshness and smoothness with a long elegant aromatic persistence. Subtle hints of vanilla and spices elevate the flavours of the wine. The round mouthfeel is balanced by fresh and sapid notes.
- Pairing suggestions: Spring herb risotto.
- Alcohol: 13.50% by vol.
- Serving temperature: 10 / 12 °C