Alain GUENEAU SAS

Maison-Sallé, 18300 SURY-EN-VAUX
France
Telephone +33 2 48793051
Fax +33 2 48793689
contact@sancerre-gueneau.com

Hall map

ProWein 2018 hall map (Hall 11): stand D87

Fairground map

ProWein 2018 fairground map: Hall 11

Import-/Exportguide

Exhibitor Categories

  • 02  Exporter
  • 02.01  Europe

Europe

  • 02  Exporter
  • 02.02  Asia

Asia

  • 02  Exporter
  • 02.03  USA

USA

  • 02  Exporter
  • 02.04  Northern and Central America

Northern and Central America

  • 02  Exporter
  • 02.06  Australia and Oceania

Australia and Oceania

Our range of products

Product categories

  • 01  Wines (according to cultivable areas)
  • 01.01  Europe
  • 01.01.05  France
  • 01.01.05.16  Val de Loire

Our products

Product category: Val de Loire

Red Sancerre Cuvée Augustin

Varietal:
Pinot Noir

Surface area:
0,20 hectare

Vineyard age:
30 years in average

Terroir:
Calcareous clay soil, known as "terres blanches"

Tasting notes:
This richer wine is the perfect match for meats in sauce and game. It goes nicely with strong cheese as well.

More Less

Product category: Val de Loire

Rosé Sancerre

Varietal:
Pinot Noir

Surface area:
3 hectares

Vineyard age:
25 years in average

Terroir:
Calcareous clay soil, known as "terres blanches"

Tasting notes:
This rosé is a sight for sore eyes and a delight when the sun is shining! It is the perfect match for aperitif, barbecues, and exotic dishes. A pleasurable wine!

More Less

Product category: Val de Loire

White Sancerre Cuvée Éloi

Varietal:
Sauvignon

Surface area:
0,40 hectare

Vineyard age:
50 years in average

Terroir:
Calcareous clay soil, known as "terres blanches"

Tasting notes:
This rounder wine goes nicely with fish in sauce or a foie gras.

More Less

About us

Company details

Our estate is comprised of 16 hectares of AOC vineyards planted on the rather steep slopes that surround the villages of Sury-en-Vaux, Chavignol and Sancerre. 80% of our vines are planted in the calcareous clay soils known locally as "terres blanches", which give the wine its body, richness and complexity. The remaining 20% are planted in "caillottes" also referred to as "griottes", stony soils that lend lovely fruity notes to the wine.

Sauvignon Blanc grapes represent three quarters of our production and go into the making of our white Sancerre. Our red and rosé Sancerres are made from Pinot Noir grapes.

We do everything we can to take an environmentally responsible approach to do our part in preserving this unique terroir, an irreplaceable source of such flavourful wines.

More Less