The history of Château Trapaud began in 1471:
According to the 19th century Historian Léo Drouyn, a Trapaud became the owner of certain plots of land (called fiefs) in the small village of Gardegan in the Dordogne region.
Towards the late 15th to early 16th century, under the influence of the young preacher Aymon de La Voye, the family moved to the Gironde region (Guyenne).
Although records show no more of them in Gardegan, there are records of a Pierre Trapaud working as a notary in Saint-Emilion.
He was also elected town councillor in 1556.
In 1591, 1611 and 1755, a member of the Trapaud family was elected Mayor of Castillon la Bataille.