In 1910, grandpa Vincenzo set off for Naples in his dogcart. He was going to finalize negotiations for the purchase of a plot of about 20 hectares of land, set around a lookout tower. The land belonged to the Zambra family, and the tower, called after them, was known as “Torre Zambra”. Later, Vincenzos son-in-law, Laurentino De Cerchio, planted his first Montepulciano and Trebbiano wines on that land by the tower. The vineyards were the first for a winery that opened in 1961 and became a keystone of Abruzzos winegrowing development.