Founded in 1968 by the four Chambers of Commerce of the region of Abruzzo, the Foreign Trade Center promotes the growth of the regional economy by fostering the international development of local companies wishing to expand their business abroad. More specifically the Foreign Trade Center:
- 01 Helps mainly small and medium sized companies acquire the necessary knowledge and experience that will enable them to compete on the international market;
- 02 Supports the education and training of businessmen, employees of private companies and of government offices by organizing meetings and seminars on particular topics and issues regarding foreign trade;
- 03 Makes available information and statistical data on international tradeand, in particular, on the import-export trends specific to the foreign commerce of Abruzzo;
- 04 Encourages the creation of export oriented producers associations to strengthen the presence of local companies abroad;
- 05 Promotes contacts between local and foreign businessmen through the participation in international fairs and exhibits;
- 06 Cooperates with government offices at the local, regional and national level, with the National Institute for Foreign Trade (ICE), with business associations and with the Italian Chambers of Commerce network in Italy and abroad.
Thanks to the knowledge and experience acquired in the course of half a century of operation, the Abruzzo Foreign Trade Center is recognized as the main source of information and promotional services for an evergrowing number of small and medium sized companies interested in foreign markets.