GEOGRAPHIC LOCAZION: COMON OF FUMANE , VALPOLICELLA CLASSIC , PROV. VERONA TRAINING METHOD: PERGOLA VERONESE VINES: CORVINA 60% ,CORVINONE 15% ,MOLINARA 5% ,RONDINELLA 20 % HARVEST PERIOD : FIRST HALF 'OF OCTOBER HARVEST METHOD: MANUAL TASTING: BRIGHT RUBY COLOUR . FLORAS AROMAS ON THE NOTE WITH CLEAR TONES OF VIOLET AND ROSE. THEN FRUITY SCENTS OF CHERRY, FOLLOWED BY SPICES AND A NOTE OF CACAO . SOFT AND FLAVOURFUL IN THE MOUTH WITH GENTLE TANNINS AND FLORAL AND FRUITY FINISH. PAIRINGS : SUITABLE FOR CLASSIC RICE WITH SAUSAGE ,PASTA WITH MEAT SAUCE , RED MEAD , CHEESES, SERVICE : 18 °
GEOGRAPHIC LOCAZION: COMON OF FUMANE , VALPOLICELLA CLASSIC , PROV. VERONA TRAINING METHOD: PERGOLA VERONESE VINES: CORVINA 60% ,CORVINONE 15% ,MOLINARA 5%, RONDINELLA 20% HARVEST PERIOD : FIRST HALF 'OF OCTOBER HARVEST METHOD: MANUAL COLOUR: LIVE RUBY BOUQUET: AROMAS OF SMALL FRESCH RED FRUIT TASTE: IS DRY, FRUITY , WITH A CLEAN FINISH PAIRINGS: EXCELLENT WITH THE MOST TRADITIONAL DISHES OF THE LOCAL CUISINE SUCH AS RUSTIC SOUPS, PASTA AND BEANS, BUT ALSO WHITE MEAT AND GRILLED VEGETABLES . SERVICE: 18°
This wine comes from a blend of grapes. The grapes are Cabernet Franc, Sangiovese, Rebo and Teroldego (for a total of 40%) and the remaining 60% Corvina, Rondinella and Corvinone. Dried for about 3 months, they are then fermented in steel vats and aged both in barrels and American oak barrels for 12 months. From the glass where a beautiful dark ruby colour is presented, sweet scents of red flowers emanate, violet , marasca under the spirit , white pepper , passed rose and aromatic herbs ,while the taste is reminiscent of the small red bramble fruits (raspberry, mulberry). The combination is recommended with all red meat and seasoned cheeses, and for those who dare, even with dark chocolate.
This traditional sweet red wine from Valpolicella is born from the ripest Corvina grapes and bunches of Corvinone, Rondinella and Molinara grapes, chosen in the vineyard and harvested by hand in small boxes. The drying takes place in a fruit cellar, under natural conditions. After crushing, the slow fermentation at low winter temperatures is interrupted before Yeasts have transformed all the sugar of the grapes into alcohol, so as to obtain a still sweet wine with a measured alcohol content (13-14 degrees). Aging takes place in oak barrels. The final wine thus shows a very dark ruby colour with garnet hues: The aromas are of red fruit in spirits, dried fruit and dried figs. This wine is sweet but not cloying, balanced, with silky tannin, long and clean. The Veronese tradition recommends combining it with dry cakes like shortbread or Pandoro, but you can try to drink it cold as an aperitif, or at ambient temperatures with a few pieces of dark chocolate.
The CROSAROLA winery is located in the heart of the Valpolicella Classica in Casterna which is part of the village of Fumane. The company has a young, dynamic management with behind it, a solid family tradition of viticulture. The cultivated grapes are those typical (autochthonous) to the Valpolicella: Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Molinara, Oseletta. The agronomic experience gained over many years permits CROSAROLA to cultivate vineyards using traditional methods, but with special attention to the care of the environment. The grapes for the wines bearing the CROSAROLA brand are therefore only the best of each vintage harvested and hand selected. The producer believes that the future of his company is in quality. Its goal is to preserve the traditional, territorial characteristics of the Valpolicella classico region and to appeal to connoisseurs of wine who know how to appreciate a finely crafted product.