Bodegas El Lagar de Isilla produces and markets wines under Appellation Ribera del Duero since 1995.
Bodegas El Lagar de Isilla combines different philosophies: wine tourism, gastronomy and wine making.
The company has a traditional Castilian restaurant in the city centre of Aranda de Duero, where you can enjoy a delicious roasted lamb and other specialities from the region.
Under the restaurant, 12 metres below ground level, we find the historical Wine Cellar- Museum from the 15th century. It can be visited every day of the year.
18 kms. away from Aranda de Duero, in the village named La Vid, we have a modern winery endowed with the latest technologies, where we currently elaborate our wines.
We have 40 Ha. of vineyards in clay-sandy soil. The half of them are young and the other half are 60 to 90 years old. Our production is controlled, we leave 8 bunches on each plant. The grapes are picked by hand and we have a double sorting table, one before the de-stemmer to sort the bunches and another after, to sort the berries.
Nowadays we produce 250.000 Kgs approx. of Tempranillo or Tinta del País. Our wines are:
- El Lagar de Isilla Verdejo, White wine made of 100% Verdejo, DO Rueda
- El Lagar de Isilla Rosado, rosé made of 100% black Tempranillo.
- El Lagar de Isilla Joven, unoaked wine.
- El Lagar de Isilla Roble, aged 5 months in oak.
- El Lagar de Isilla Crianza, aged for 2 years, with 14 months in oak.
- El Lagar de Isilla Reserva, aged for 3 years with 16 to 20 months in oak.
- El Lagar de Isilla 9 meses, small production 9 months in oak.
- El Lagar de Isilla Vendimia Seleccionada, Premium brand made with the best grapes from the oldest vines. Aged for 2 years, with 10 to 14 months in oak.
- El Lagar de Isilla Colección Especial Reserva de la Familia, limited edition made for a special moment, the inaguration of our Hotel.
- La Casona de La Vid, sweet vine made of 100% syrah.
Our aim is to obtain a limited production of very good quality wines, combining tradition and modern technologies.