Nature is our philosophy
We are a true story on the Umbrian wine scene, fruit of two generations of winemakers who have passionately dedicated themselves to the land with a vision of organic and biodynamic cultivation and all those methods which are environmentally friendly.
Our philosophy starts in the vineyard.
We are convinced that high-quality grapes can only be produced by working with care and by showing respect for the principles and rhythms of nature and the soil.
By embracing the conviction of low yield, correct management of the soil’s resources, and harvesting at the right moment of maturation, we help the land to give of its best.
Thanks to our understanding of the soil and the vines, and to hand-pruning of the individual plants, we are able to bring grapes to the winery which satisfy us, and produce wine that satisfies our customers.
Optimal cultivation of the vineyards is essential for the production of our wines. Only good-quality grapes will produce excellent wines. The prerequisites for the production of high-quality grapes are:
- low yield per hectare: our vineyards produce an average of 8000kg of grapes per hectare;
- natural methods of cultivation produce grapes (and consequently wines) without the use of fungicides, herbicides or other chemical compounds which are harmful to the health. All our vineyards are cultivated using certified organic and biodynamic methods;
- the biodynamic method of cultivation brings life to the soil. It restores its natural balance, thus allowing the vines to produce grapes which have been able to gather all the extraordinary richness the soil can give them.
- a perfect knowledge of the vines enables us to select the perfect grapes for our wines.
- determining the correct ripeness of the grapes means they are harvested in the best possible moment to give excellent wine.
Vines of Umbrian wine-producing tradition grow on our 30 hectares, with Grechetto and Sagrantino at the origin of our history.