Recioto San Cassiano is produced with grapes of the oldest vineyard on Monte Paradiso, planted in 1965 from grandfather Albino. Typical varieties of Valpolicella reach the perfect balance here.
Usually grapes are very matures on September, with a smell of jam, observed also in the wine.
Grapes is harvested by hand with one hundred-sixty days of plateaux drying and the vinification takes place with the addition of yeasts for fifteen days. This wine is sweet, traditionally used for special occasions. It is not produced every years, but only when climatic conditions of vintage and soil, they give typical smell of Recioto to grapes. It presents notes of jam and red fruits and its taste is sweet but balanced, full and definite, with a good persistence.
- Land of production: Monte Paradiso, Mezzane, Verona
- Altitude: 400 mt above the sea
- Varieties: Corvina 60%, Molinara 10%, Rondinella 10%, Oseleta 10%, Dindarella 10%
- Vine training system: Pegola ancient vineyard, 3300 vines for ha
- Aging: 24 months in new barriques and 12 months in bottle
- Alcohol: 14%
- Bottles: 3000/750 ml