Oldenburg Vineyards Pty Ltd

Oldenburg Vineyards at ProWein 2015: record sales in Europe, new vintages, numerous accolades, and WIETA certification

Oldenburg Logo

The Stellenbosch premium winery to exhibit at this year’s ProWein for the fourth time at the WOSA (Wines of South Africa) Booth, Hall 9, Stand B38, Counter 46.

Munich/Stellenbosch, February 5, 2015 – Oldenburg Vineyards (www.oldenburgvineyards.com), the award-winning, premium winery of Stellenbosch, South Africa, today announces it will again be exhibiting at the ProWein in Düsseldorf. After a landmark year with a record 300% growth in Europe, WIETA certification, and numerous awards, Oldenburg will be premiering its latest vintages at this year’s show:

2014 Chenin Blanc

2013 Chardonnay

2012 Syrah

2012 Cabernet Franc

2012 Rhodium (Bordeaux-style blend)

2011 Cabernet Sauvignon

“The past year has been an absolute whirlwind, with so many exciting and positive developments.” said Proprietor Adrian Vanderspuy. “Together with our outstanding partners we have made great progress in the European marketplace over the past year, and this along with the overwhelming number of awards we have won, confirms that we were spot-on with our philosophy and positioning.”

Oldenburg wines regularly win awards, medals, and accolades from some of the industry's most prestigious competitions. Some of the highlights from the last year include:



Awards (Excerpt)


Chenin Blanc

Gold - Michelangelo Int’l Wine Awards 2014

Gold & Trophy - Int’l Wine & Spirit Competition 2014

Gold – International Wine Challenge 2015



Gold - Michelangelo Int’l Wine Awards 2014

4*/5 - John Platter Guide 2015



Gold – Mundus Vini 2014

Top 12 – Shiraz South Africa Challenge 2014



Silver - Int’l Wine & Spirit Competition 2014

87 points – Neil Martin 2014

86 points – Tim Atkin MW 2014


Cabernet Franc

Gold – Mundus Vini 2014

Awarded - Top 100 South African Wines 2014

4*/5 - John Platter Guide 2015


Cabernet Sauvignon

5*/5 - John Platter Guide 2015

4*/5 - Christian Eedes Top 10 2014

89 points – Niel Martin 2014

Gold – Mundus Vini 2014 (2010 Vintage)


In September of 2014, Oldenburg Vineyards was also granted WIETA (Wine Industry Ethical Trade Association) certification. WIETA’s code precludes the use of child labor, asserts that employment should be freely chosen, and that all employees have the right to a healthy and safe working environment. In addition, workers must have the right to freedom of association, a living wage and be protected from unfair discrimination. Wineries granted the ethical seal must enter an annually renewable, legally binding agreement with WIETA in which they are required to pass a full audit including on-site inspections. They must also identify all of their suppliers, 60% of which must also be WIETA-accredited, with the other 40% having to demonstrate that they are preparing themselves for accreditation.

About Oldenburg Vineyards

Oldenburg Vineyards is a boutique premium wine producer in the Banghoek Valley, outside of Stellenbosch. It is a place of extraordinary peace and beauty. Since its renewal programme began in 2003, it has completely replanted all the vineyards. Its maiden vintage of red wines was released in 2010, and all were selected for the SA Top 100 Wines, amongst other awards. In 2011 Oldenburg opened its Cellar Door and September 2014 The Homestead, a luxury villa rental accommodation offering.

Media Contact

Sandra Iris Eilenstein

Vintage PR
Stefanusstraße 6a
82166 Munich-Gräfelfing

T: +49 (89) 898687-20



Exhibitor Data Sheet