- Countries: France has an impressive 15 wine brands in the list, followed by Australia who
- Regions: Europe boasts the most wine brands with 24 in the list from France, Spain, Italy
- Penfolds, Australia is crowned The Most Admired Wine Brand in Australasia & the World.
- Torres, Spain is crowned The Most Admired Wine Brand in Europe at number 2.
- Concha Y Toro, Chile takes The Most Admired Wine Brand in South America at number
- Sassicaia, Italy is the Highest Climber with a dramatic 23 place ascent to number 6.
- Ridge, USA takes 10th place and is The Most Admired Wine Brand in North America.
- Château Musar, Lebanon scoops The Most Admired Wine Brand in Middle East & Africa
at number 22.
- Jean Marc Brocard, France is the Highest New Entry in the list at number 31
The announcement was made lastnight (March 17) at the special awards evening held at the Steinberger Parkhotel in Düsseldorf, on the opening day of Prowein, the wine world’s premier event.
Drinks International has announced its highly anticipated results of The World’s Most Admired Wine Brands survey, conducted in association with market research specialists, Wine Intelligence.
The brands were chosen by the Drinks International’s Academy of global drinks buyers and specifiers, including many wine professionals, from 48 countries.
Penfolds, which is Treasury’s flagship Australian wine brand topped the poll, having won it 4 years ago in 2016. It was followed in 2nd place by former winner leading Spanish producer, Torres, Villa Maria in 3rd place and previous winner Chile’s Concha y Toro in Fourth. France’s M. Chapoutier is always ever present in the list at position 5.
Representatives from the world’s leading wine brands were at the awards evening at the Steinberger Parkhotel hotel in Düsseldorf, along with wine buyers, distributors and industry professionals.
The awards are the result of an international industry survey conducted by Drinks International, the leading magazine for the global drinks industry, in association with Wine Intelligence, the specialist market research company.