Groundbreaking transformational wine access system released in the UK
• Coravin’s groundbreaking Wine Access System leaves the cork in place, safeguarding the wine from oxidisation. This enables users to access several bottles of wine in one sitting or over varying periods of time
• A thin, hollow needle passes through the foil and cork to access the wine. The bottle is then pressurised with argon, an inert gas in the air we breathe. The pressurised argon then pushes the wine back through the needle allowing it to flow into the glass without letting oxygen into the bottle
• Once the needle is removed, the cork naturally reseals itself, leaving the remaining wine to age naturally. For a video demonstration, please visit http://www.coravin.co.uk/#how-it-works
• Users can enjoy their favourite and finest wines by the glass whenever they like, and feel confident that their wine will remain protected until the next glass is poured
Interchangeable needles for fragile corks and variable pouring speeds
• The Coravin System can use three variations of stainless steel needles that were developed based on Coravin founder Greg Lambrecht’s experience as an inventor developing orthopaedic implants for the medical industry
• These include the Standard cork needle, Vintage cork needle and Faster pour needle
• The Coravin System uses a precision dual stage regulator to ensure the pressure of the Argon gas delivered to the bottle is held to 26 psi (1.77 Bar).
• Coravin uses top quality Argon gas capsules made in Austria with superior quality containers and gas that is 99.996% pure
• The device itself is make of high quality, precision parts that will stand up to the toughest environments for years of continuous use.
• The Coravin Wine Access System is available at www.coravin.co.uk Retailing at £269.00 it comes complete with two Coravin Capsules and a neoprene wine bottle sleeve. Each capsule allows for 15 glasses (5 oz. pours) of wine.
Available from www.coravin.co.uk
RRP: £269 (inc. VAT)
Main Body materials – Stainless Steel, Aluminum, and food grade polymers.
Needle - Stainless steel with Teflon coating
Gas - Argon