Tenuta la Parrina is one of the oldest historic farm that lies between the low hills of the Tuscan Maremma in a spectacular landscape with olive trees, wine yards and fields of golden grain. It’s framed in a land of rare beauty: Mount Argentario and the two narrow sand bars called Giannella and Feniglia that cordon off the magnificent Orbetello lagoon. From the Earth to the lagoons, a look at the sea and then back to the ground. The company is spread on an area of about 200 hectares of which about 60 are destined to vineyards, 40 to fruit production, 20 to the horticultural, 22 to the olive plants, and the remaining are divided between arable land and growing nurseries.
Walking through the long avenue of Eucalyptus lies the heart of the company, a small square protected by majestic Plane trees and surrounded by the buildings that now house the Agriturismo rooms, the Restaurant, the company offices and the tiny nineteenth-century church. Within the company there are several Tuscan farmhouses for long and short rentals, the modern winery, the dairy, the nursery and the wildlife reserve. A complex and evocative company with an elegant restraint.
Originally a wedding gift of the Florentine banker Michele Giuntini, the Parrina has belonged to the same family since 1830 and it’s today managed by Dr. Franca Spinola, who dedicates herself since 1979 with great passion to the promotion of respect for biodiversity, the protection and enhancement of this territory.