NEW Wineries for 2017! Eco Terreno Wines – Alexander Valley, Sonoma: www.ecoterrenowines.com
Mark Lyon put Sebastiani on Wine Spectator’s Top 100 list with his 1999 Alexander Valley Cabernet (sourced from his own Eco Terreno Vineyards). His crowning achievement at Sebastiani - 96, 97 and 98+ points from Robert Parker on three of his 2013 Cabernets also used grapes from his Eco Terreno Vineyards. His new project, Eco Terreno Wines, is made entirely from his now biodynamic and organic farmed estate vineyard.
East West Wine Trading Presents: C. G. DiArie Wines - Sierra Foothills, California: www.cgdiarie.com
- Eco Terreno Old Vine Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley 2013
- Eco Terreno Chardonnay, Alexander Valley 2013
- Eco Terreno Three Vines Red Blend, Alexander Valley 2013
- Eco Terreno Sauvignon Blanc, Alexander Valley 2016
Chaim – a former food scientist who developed a number of household name brands like Cap’n Crunch, Hidden Valley Dressing etc. took on the challenge of making wine from his estate vineyard in the Sierra Foothills, one of the most historic vineyard regions in California. He combines his respect for old-world elegance with an ingenious winemaking technique he developed called “submerged cap fermentation” that results in rich, smooth wines that are loaded with character.
Dierberg and Star Lane Vineyards – Santa Barbara, California: www.dierbergvineyards.com
- Di Arie, Breakaway Zinfandel, Sierra Foothills, 2012
- Di Arie, Interlude Red Blend, Sierra Foothills, 2012
- Di Arie, Petite Sirah, Sierra Foothills, 2012
- Di Arie, Syrah, Sierra Foothills, 2012
A family estate with vineyards in the highly coveted Pinot Noir and Chardonnay region of Santa Maria, made famous by the movie Sideways. The winery also grows world class Cabernet Sauvignon in the Happy Canyon appellation of Santa Ynez.
Leoh Red Wine, Napa Valley: https://www.vivino.com/wineries/leoh/wines/california-9999
- Dierberg Pinot Noir, Santa Maria, 2013
- Dierberg Chardonnay, Santa Maria, 2013
- Dierberg Pinot Noir, Santa Rita Hills, 2013
- Dierberg Syrah, Happy Canyon, Santa Barbara 2013
- Star Lane, Cabernet Sauvignon, Happy Canyon, Santa Barbara, 2013
- Star Lane, Sauvignon Blanc, Happy Canyon, Santa Barbara, 2015
Youthful energy and vibrant fruit is the hallmark character of this fun and easy to drink red wine made in the Napa Valley from luscious California grapes. Priced for everyday enjoyment. Wine and life is about the small enjoyments of life.
Miner Family Vineyards - Napa Valley: www.minerwines.com
- Leoh Red Wine, California, 2013
The Oracle – the flagship Bordeaux blend is named for “uncle Bob” who was one of the original founders of Oracle software. Its restrained elegance showcases the quality of the Stagecoach Vineyard high up on the mountainside of Napa.
Peter Franus Wine Company - Napa Valley: www.franuswine.com
- The Oracle, Napa Valley, 2012
- Emily's Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, 2013
- Wild Yeast Chardonnay, Napa Valley, 2013
Having worked at Mt. Veeder Winery, one of the original Boutique wineries of Napa, and later at Franciscan, Peter developed a love for Zinfandel and crafting wines from unique micro-climates in Napa. Peter’s eloquent winemaking gives voices to his grapes and frees them to express the true distinctiveness of each vineyard from which he sources his wines. Peter’s Albarino, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and his Bordeaux blend all express unique personalities not seen in other Napa Valley wines.
Somerston Vineyard – Napa Valley: www.somerstonestate.com // www.priestranchwines.com // www.highflyerwines.com
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, 2014
- Red Blend, Napa Valley, 2014
- Zinfandel, Red Hills, 2014
- Zinfandel, Napa Valley, 2014
A highly acclaimed estate winery tucked into a 1,600 acre micro-valley within Napa Valley. The winery has three distinct labels. Somerston makes limited bottlings from select estate vineyard blocks. Priest Ranch, its estate wines, showcase 100% varietal for each wine to express its unique terroir and microclimate. Highflyer is the adventurous red blend giving the winemaker free rein to be creative.
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, 2013
- Priest Ranch, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, 2013
- Priest Ranch, Grenache Blanc, Napa Valley, 2014
- Priest Ranch, Petite Sirah, Napa Valley, 2011
- Highflyer, Centerline Red Blend, Napa Valley, 2011