Bodegas David Moreno
Our winemaking tradition dates back to 1912 when Pociano Moreno built the first wine cellar with capacity for 18,000 litres. In 1963 the family moved to Barcelona in search of a better future than that offered by farming communities at that time. At the end of 1981 David Moreno decided to leave his job as a Technical Engineer and move back to his village, and put into practice the winemaking knowledge he had learned from his father and grandfather and to make his dream of being a winemaker come true.
In 1988 construction of the current winery began and this has been enlarged, little by little, to adapt it to our expansion, new technologies and the needs of our customers.
The underground cellars with clay and stone walls, Don Ponciano, Abuelo Damián and La Gran Cueva provide our wines with the ideal conditions of temperature and humidity necessary for successful ageing and subsequent bottle life.
In a corner of La Gran Cueva you will find the Santuario Vobiscum, a space behind wrought iron railings in which a small stock of casks made from the best French oak are kept to age our Signature Wine.
From the 100-year-old olive grove and the wine shop to the underground cellars, a stroll around the winery opens up dozens of special spots which recall our history, culture and the PASSION of DAVID MORENO for wine.