Nardin farm was founded by Vittorio Nardin in Roncadelle, a small village near Treviso, in 1922. From the very beginning the farm has had a leading role in the area. In fact “vin” (the dialect word for wine) is a synonym for “Nardin”.
When Pietro died in 1971, Walter Nardin, who was 18 at that time, started working in the farm and, together with his uncle, contributed to make the wines of the D.O.C Piave and Lison Pramaggiore areas grow and to widespread the their knowledge in Italy and Europe. They worked using the techniques and the know-how they learned from the grandfather Vittorio, uniting the past rural culture with the most updated technologies.
About 10 years ago, exploiting the highly developed know-how acquired working for the family farm, Walter Nardin founded Walter Nardin Farm with the idea of preserving the perspective of the family management where the research of a quality product able to satisfy taverns, wine libraries, and most refined restaurants always prevails on the idea of producing more and more and at any costs.
Today Walter Nardin, with his wife Mirella and his sons Michele and Luca, grow their vineyards and make wine in moder cellars, never forgetting their roots and the thread that links them to the activity grandfather Vittorio started at the beginning of the previous century. Some vineyards are in Roncadelle in the D.O.C. Piave area: they produce the grapes used to make white wines well known for their fragrance and harmony, and red wined well known for their shape and authority. Some other vineyards are in the D.O.C. Lison-Pramaggiore area where earth and microclimate allow to create wines characterized by special perfumes and tastes.