Château de Lisennes is a family owned vineyard that has been developed and managed with passion by 4 generations of the Soubie family.
We produce around 400.000 bottles annually from the following "appellations":
A.O.C. Bordeaux Clairet, A.O.C. Bordeaux Rosé, A.O.C. Bordeaux Rouge and A.O.C. Bordeaux Supérieur.
The word "Lisennes" appears for the very first time in 1758. The name most probably originates from the old French word "Lise", used by the famous French writer Rabelais to describe limestone or clay soils.
The site was home to many different families before Jean-Léon Soubie settled in the village of Tresses in 1938.
The main building is a typical 18th century "Chartreuse" (a stately 'U' shaped building typically built by the Carthusian monks during this period). Just before the French Revolution in 1785, Jean Laporte, a previous owner, added the magnificent wrought iron gate that has been adopted as our emblem and can been found on all our labels.