Taste the wines of our new partner from the region of south west : DOMAINE DE BEYSSAC producing great AOC Côtes du Marmandais !
Location : on the south exposed slope of Beyssac, on the right bank of the river called Garonne, at the top of the town named Marmande, in the department of Lot et Garonne (Aquitaine, south west).
Area : 10.40 hectars
Use of vineyard : organic farming since 2006 (agrocert 2012) with suckering, debudding, resawing, stripping and manual harvest transported in small crates
Grapes : Merlot, Cabernet-Franc, Abouriou, Côt
History : On the hill he grew up, Frédéric Broutet planted his first vines in 2006. At 50 yearsold, as young as his vineyard, this engineer (born in Cognac) had not only the guts to sell his Parisian business thunderstorm detection systems, but also to dare to realize his dream of becoming winemaker. Supported by his wife, Veronica, he launched into the greatest adventure of his life. From the beginning, he made the courageous decision to cultivate his vineyard in organic farming, up to fix the vine with natural acacia poles, 100% organic ! To clean up the water from his activities, it also invested heavily in a High Environmental Quality cellar. After several years of hard work, the passionnate new winegrower is happy. His vineyard, extremely beautifully exposed, covers 10.40 hectares and the first vintages already signed the promise of a great terroir. His wines, awarded by the press and competition, are intense and generous, offering a soft and delicious flesh. A beautiful signature to discover. Wines of pleasure to share without moderation.
3 AOC Côtes du Marmandais :
- L'Essentiel (red)
- L'Initial (red)
- L'Escapade (Rosé)
Press review and competitions :
- Revue des Vins de France (L'Initial 2009 15.5 + L'Initial 2010 15)
- Guide Hachette 2013 (2 étoiles et coup de coeur sur L'Essentiel 2010 - 1 étoile sur L'Initial 2010)
- Bettane et Desseauve 2013 (L'Essentiel 2010 - 14.5 + L'Initial 2010 - 13.5)
- Concours Général Agricole de Paris (Médaille d'Or sur L'Initial 2009 et L'Escapade 2010 + Bronze sur L'Essentiel 2010)
- Decanter (Bronze sur L'Inital 2009 et 2010)
- Cuisine et Vins de France, Karine Valentin (N°144 - 02/2012)
- Le Point, Jacques Dupont (n°1951, 04/02/2010)