11:30am Riesling the Australian Way
Think you know Australian Riesling? Discover with us the latest evolution.Australia is producing some delicate, fresh Rieslings that will challenge your perception.
- Pizzini Riesling 2014, King Valley, Victoria
- Howard Park Wines Riesling 2014, Great Southern, Western Australia
- Wirra Wirra Lost Watch Riesling 2014, Adelaide Hills, South Australia
- Chaffey Bros. Wine Co. Tessellation Riesling 2014, Eden Valley, South Australia
- Jacob's Creek Steingarten Riesling 2013, Eden Valley, South Australia
2:30pm Barossa, the Most German of Australia’s Wine Regions
The iconic Barossa region has been growing vines since 1843 and is one of the most well-known in the world. Find out with this tasting a new perspective.
- Elderton Wines The Command Shiraz 2010, Barossa, South Australia
- Glaetzer Wines Anaperenna Shiraz 2013, Barossa, South Australia
- Langmeil Barossa Winery Valley Floor Shiraz 2012, Barossa, South Australia
- Teusner Avatar Grenache Mataro Shiraz 2013 Barossa, South Australia
- Penfolds RWT Shiraz 2012, Barossa, South Australia
11.30 am The Many Faces of Australian Shiraz
With more than 60 wine regions spanning over a continent the size of Europe, Australia’s diverse climates reveal the many faces of Shiraz. Explore with us Shiraz from the cool areas of the country.
- Logan Ridge of Tears Shiraz 2012, Orange New South Wales
- Fowles Wine Ladies who Shoot their Lunch Shiraz 2012, Victoria
- Gapsted Wines Ballerina Canopy Shiraz 2012, King Valley, Victoria
- Helen and Joey Estate Layla Shiraz 2013, Yarra Valley, Victoria
- Howard Park Flint Rock Shiraz 2012, Great Southern, Western Australia
- Sidewood Shiraz 2013, Adelaide Hills, South Australia
2:30pm Changes in Australian Chardonnay
Chardonnay is much more elegant than it once was and this feature tasting will highlight its exciting revolution. Expect a fresher and more balanced style of Chardonnay that drinkers of the past might not recognise.
- Cheviot Bridge Red Hill Estate Cool Climate Chardonnay 2013
- Helen and Joey Estate Alena Chardonnay 2014, Yarra Valley, Victoria
- Sirromet Wines Le Sauvage Chardonnay 2010, Granite Belt, Queensland
- Howard Park Wines, Marchand & Burch Chardonnay 2013, Porongurup, Western Australia
- First Drop Wines Mere et Fils Chardonnay 2013, Adelaide Hills, South Australia
- Wakefield Wines St Andrews 2013, Clare Valley, South Australia
11.30am Semillon – Australia’s Hidden Gem
For many wine drinkers, Semillon is a mystery. However in Australia it’s a variety to explore through the ages. Join us as we taste through Australia’s hidden gem.
- Jacob's Creek Wyndham Estate Shepherds White Semillon 2013, Hunter Valley, New South Wales
- Australian Vintage Shortlist Semillon 2007, Hunter Valley, New South Wales
- Tyrrell's Wines Winemaker’s Selection Vat 1 2005, Hunter Valley, New South Wales
- Peter Lehmann Margaret Semillon 2006, Barossa, South Australia
- Tim Adams Semillon 2010, Clare Valley, South Australia
In partnership with Tourism Australia’s ‘Restaurant Australia’ campaign, we are bringing the plates and glasses to you in a delicious demonstration of Australia’s wines complemented by a variety of cuisines. Join us for our daily feature tastings matched with food with Australian wine expert, Thomas Curtius, and our visiting winemakers.
For more information:
Exhibitor Data Sheet