Maison Cazes has been growing vines since 1895 in Rivesaltes, in the heart of Roussillon between the Pyrenees and the Mediterranean. Pioneer in the production and marketing of Roussillon wines, expert in biodynamics (since 1997) and leader in Vins Doux Naturels, CAZES is a key actor in the South of France.
With the arrival of the new generation in 2004, Maison CAZES is given a new impetus both in its range of wines, which are simplified and refreshed and in its reception facilities, with a new tasting/sales space and opening of the restaurant “La Table d’Aimé.”
In 2013, with the acquisition of the LES CLOS DE PAULILLES winery, a property of 90 hectares in a single block in the Banyuls and Collioure appellation “terroir,” Maison CAZES confirms its involvement in one of the most beautiful and picturesque vineyards in France and its will to invest anywhere in Roussillon where the soil nurtures the best grapes, as in Maury and Latour de France where it is already present.
A glimpse of the wines presented at Prowein reflects the know-how of Maison CAZES:
• From the Cazes Winery, a BIODYNAMIC-certified, historic family property
- Cuvee HOMMAGE, an elegant Côtes du Roussillon red wine, grenache, syrah, mourvèdre, now available in white (white grenache - marsanne) and as a “sulphur-free wine”: a minimalist approach in terms of vinification for a wine to share that has kept all its fruity aromas.
- Credo 2011, a subtle Côtes du Roussillon Villages red wine that is the product of meticulous work starting as soon as the vines are planted with strict selection of micro-plots.
Biodynamic agriculture, manual harvest into small crates, precision vinification, etc. Every effort is made to preserve the fruit that is at the heart of this exceptional wine.
• From Clos de Paulilles, emblematic Roussillon winery overlooking the sea.
- Collioure rosé 2015, a very pale Collioure rosé wine bursting with freshness and finesse.
- Cuvee Cap Béar, white, a unique and confidential cuvee, only 1,500 bottles, Collioure appellation: 100% grey grenache aged in concrete Nomblot Egg vats ensuring optimal aromatic expression.
To discover or re-discover… The Old Rivesaltes Collection, from 1931 to 1962, real Catalan treasures in unique bottles, reflection of the Rivesaltes “terroir” and expression of the know-how of our wine growers.
PROWEIN : Stand 12E14
CAZES – 4 rue Francisco Ferrer – 66 600 RIVESALTES –FRANCE - www.cazes-rivesaltes.com Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org